If you are like me than you love red wine. Also, if you are like me than you try to avoid red wine at parties because of the purple teeth effect- until now! With these tips we will now be able to guzzle down our favorite reds while showing off our pearly whites.
- Drink White Wine or Water: You use it to get the stain out of your carpet, so why not drink it between sips and swirl it around to leave your teeth stainless.
- Chewing on Sugarless Gum: It will make your mouth produce more saliva helping you keep your teeth clean.
- Eat Cheese: An excuse to indulge even more, yes please! Cheese helps because it coats the teeth with calcium to stop discoloration. Harder cheeses are better so try some Asiago or Comte.
- Chew on Crudites: Broccoli, cauliflower, and celery contain high fiber that acts as a natural scrub. Also, they produce a lot of saliva to leave your mouth cleaner.
- Wipe It Off: Try Wine Wipes, a new product that wipes away the tannins on your teeth. They contain stain-removing ingredients, which will leave you with your white smile.
And always remember to wait an hour or so after drinking red wine to brush your teeth because the high acidity can leave your teeth sensitive to abrasion. And brushing too early you risk damaging tooth enamel.
Now that we know how to avoid purple teeth, go ahead and enjoy that Pinot Noir without worries. Cheers!